Soul Shadows by Alex Woolf | Weaving Pages: Soul Shadows by Alex Woolf

Saturday, 3 August 2013

Soul Shadows by Alex Woolf

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from Curious Fox books, so thank you to them for sending it to me! I'm not sure that it was the book for me though.

Title: Soul Shadows
Author: Alex Woolf
Publisher: Curious Fox
Source: Publisher
Published: April 2013
No. of Pages: 304

Estelle thinks that a stay in a remote cottage will give her the peace and quiet that she needs, but the nearby wood holds a terrible secret.  Can she and her friend Sandor discover what’s going on in the mysterious military lab before it’s too late?






 2 stars: Page shakes his head. He was unsatisfied
with this story.


My Thoughts:
Yes, so I was unsatisfied with this story. It just didn't end up being something that satisfied me unfortunately. So, in that case, I'll add a few GIFs here and there..

Soo..Overall, I really liked the storyline. It wasn't amazing, but then it didn't go and make me want and hide and not read anymore. I really liked the Soul Shadows and they were pretty freaky but not in a way that you won't sleep. I think that using Shadows as monsters was a really good idea because, they can be scary. I mean, I still haven't recovered from watching the Doctor Who episode where the shadows eats you...I couldn't sleep for ages...


 
Apart from that, I didn't find anything special in the other aspects of the story. 
Basically what happened was that there was bits in the book where I was finding things funny that I shouldn't have...So something wasn't meant to be funny, but I wanted to laugh...That's not good of me is it? I guess it was just something that happened that wouldn't necessarily happen to everyone..

One more thing I didn't enjoy was the romance. I really couldn't enjoy that. This may have been to do with the characters as well, but I found that it just didn't do anything for the story. I remember that this came to mind when at first, one of the characters said something, but then by the end of the book, they're saying something else...My reaction consisted of What?

There goes the romance..

Overall, I didn't enjoy this book but maybe if you're a fan of scary books, you might like this?

Bye! xx



rita xo

1 comment:

  1. Yay for wonderful GIF - filled reviews! But aw, it's a real shame you didn't really enjoy this one, Rita.

    The storyline does sound pretty creepy in a good way, but doesn't make up for the other weaker factors such as the romance. I need a strong, believable romance in my books to make them really enjoyable, so I think I'll be giving this a pass. And argh, I share your frustration when a character says one thing then goes and totally contradicts themselves by saying something different later!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this lovely, honest review with us, Rita! And I especially love the Spongebob and Patrick GIF! Hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...