Pelican Bay by Jesse Giles Christiansen | Weaving Pages: Pelican Bay by Jesse Giles Christiansen

Thursday, 8 August 2013

Pelican Bay by Jesse Giles Christiansen

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from the author for review (In no way does this affect my review) and I ended up really enjoying it!!


Title: Pelican Bay
Author: Jesse Giles Christiansen
Source: Author
Published: July 20th 2013
No. of Pages: N/A

Some things are better left alone…

After Ethan Hodges discovers an undersea cemetery just off the beach of Pelican Bay, South Carolina, he seeks answers from a grandfatherly fisherman named Captain Shelby. The captain wants the past to remain buried, and he warns Ethan to stay away. But Ethan doesn't listen.

Ethan's best friend and secret love interest, Morgan Olinsworth, joins in the investigation, unearthing intriguing secrets about the mysterious fisherman. When Captain Shelby is suspected of murder and disappears, a manhunt ensues, revealing a truth that unnerves everyone in Pelican Bay. (Goodreads)



4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.
My Thoughts:

I was asked by the author to review this book, and since is seemed like a great story, I accepted and I ended up really enjoying it!

The first thing that occured to me as I was reading Pelican Bay, was that I loved the detail and the writing. I felt like everything in the book was described with great detail which made everything much easier to picture. Also, the writing felt like it had a lot of depth to it, and it was a style of writing that I really enjoyed reading.
These things really helped me to get into the story and it captured me straight away!

One of the reasons I wanted to read this book was that it seemed to have a lot of mystery and intrigue to the book. Of course, mystery books are some of my favourites so it was great to see that this book was so mysterious. Everything in the book was never what it seemed, which just made you even more wary when reading it! 
Speaking of mystery, reading about Ethan and Morgan's research into Captain Shelby was very interesting, and definitely very mysterious! It kept revealing different things just when you thought everything had been found out.

The book did have quite a sinister feel to it, which just added to the suspense. I thought this was a great aspect to the story, though.

Despite Captain Shelby being the dark character in the book, he was probably my favourite. Like I said, he was so interesting because at first, you don't suspect that anything is wrong with him but small things keep being revealed as the story progresses. I thought that this was great, as I never knew quite what to think of Captain Shelby. Sometimes, I thought that you shouldn't trust him but then it was never quite clear if he was just misunderstood.

I think that my only issue with this book was the female characters. I thought that they just weren't very strong. Morgan tended to scream and cry when faced with trouble...although I understand that she had a very hard past. Still, I felt that she just stood there, and did research..
Then there was Sidney, who was always worried about Ethan but then never did anything about it...

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this book to you if you love mystery!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...