Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza | Weaving Pages: Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza

Friday, 16 August 2013

Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza

Hello Everyone!

I was sent Mila 2.0 by Harper Collins UK in exchange for an honest and fair review, so a big thank you to them!


Title: Mila 2.0
Author: Debra Driza
Series: Mila 2.0 #1
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Harper Collins UK
Release Date: March 12th 2013
No. of Pages: 470

Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past—that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila’s becoming is beyond anyone’s imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life. (-Goodreads)


4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.
My Thoughts:

I know a few bloggers had read this back in March, so you might remember seeing some reviews! Overall, I enjoyed this book, but there was a part of the story that brought it down...

Firstly, I really liked the storyline as I thought it was very unique and different to what we usually see in YA books. I think the story was what first drew me to this book and made me so interested to read it. I was curious about how this story would turn out and how Mila would deal with this discovery of her android self. It was great to read a book that's different from all the others.

I thought that the book was also very fast-paced and had some great action scenes. Mila was pretty kick-ass so when it came to a fight scene, I ended up feeling sorry for those people at the end of her punches....then again they were trying to hurt her so my sympathy was short lived. The action scenes were probably my favourite part of the book.

I could relate to how Mila didn't want to hurt anyone because despite people wanting to hunt her down, she didn't want to kill them, or hurt them too badly. I thought that this was completely understandable because, I would honestly love to do something like Karate, but then I wouldn't want to end up hurting anyone...

I also really liked the use of Mila's android features, like the GPS or the visual scan. I thought it made the book really interesting and I loved seeing things like Visual Scan: Active because it looked awesome and I have a soft spot for that kind of detail..

On the downside, I really didn't like the romance. I'll set the scenario: I felt that there was insta-love with Hunter. I think she barely knew him for two days but when she's on the run, she's all "I need him" and "I'll never see his eyes again" Please. Even if she had know him for two weeks, I'm sure she wouldn't be like that. Then, Hunter's absent for nearly the rest of the book and we get Lucas, and though there is no romance, I can just TELL, there is going to be a love-triangle in future books.. I ended up cringing at the romance, and was really disappointed with it.

Overall, Mila 2.0 was an enjoyable book, and I've ended up really curious about book 2, so I will be continuing the series.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...