A to Z Book Survey | Weaving Pages: A to Z Book Survey

Saturday, 17 August 2013

A to Z Book Survey

Hi Everyone!

Currently, everyone's been doing an A to Z book survey, hosted by Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner so I decided to give it a go!
AtoZsurvey

Author You've Read the Most Books From:

Robert Muchamore. The CHERUB series is 12 books long which means I've read LOTS of his books.

Best Sequel Ever:

Race the Wind by Lauren St. John

Currently Reading:

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Drink of Choice While Reading:

I don't really tend to drink anything when I read...so umm...probably Water? Haha! I really can't choose!

E-Reader or Physical Book?

Physical books are the champions of the Bookish World. Yes, that means I like them better than ebooks. As much as I love my kindle, I'll never stop buying physical books.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated In High School:

Peeta from The Hunger Games obviously!! Peeta is so sweet, and a lovely guy who is actually right here with me. *Hugs REAL Peeta*

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Icons by Margaret Stohl. 

Hidden Gem Book:

Hitler's Angel by William Osborne

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:

Whilst I could say becoming a Grammar Freak, I'm going to go for the really cliché answer and say starting my blog. Honestly, I would never have done so many things if it weren't from my blog. Then again, crying and refusing to let my mum read Pig in a Wig is also really important. (It's honestly so sad!! The little Pig cries because these sheep are making fun of himD:)

Just Finished:

Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott

Kind Of Books You Won't Read:

Vampire books. I completely refuse. I can't stand Vampires (except Simon Lewis) and even Werewolves get on my nerves, but not so much that I want to burn books that contain the said creature *cough* Twilight. Plus, Jacob isn't a werewolf. Refer to following image:


Longest Book You've Read:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (870 pages)

Major Book Hangover Because Of:

I would say HP and the Deathly Hallows, but I want to go for something different, so I'll go with Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson. I loved that book so much and in no way was I ready to part with those characters...

Number of Book Cases You Own:

I own two, but one is full of books from when I was little, and the other is seperated into these cube-y things which means it has much less space than a normal shelf. So, I'm running out of room....to IKEA we go!

One Book You Have Read Mulitple Times:

I'm very bad at re-reading. It's not something I particularly like doing. I do like doing through books, finding my favourite scene and then re-reading that. However, I have read The Hunger Games trilogy four times, over and over...!

Preferred Place to Read:

I don't really have a reading space but I would love to! I read on my bed mostly, as it's more comfortable than anywhere else!

Quote That Inspires You:

We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.”- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince


Reading Regret:

Knowing that I'll never be able to read all the amazing books in the world. Also, not reading The Mortal Instruments sooner. (People told me to, but I was stubborn and refused..until last September!)

Series You Started and Need to Finish:

Thinking about it, there's loads but I really need to finish The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa! I have one book to go, and I LOVED the series, but I feel like I know what's going to happen. Plus, The Iron Queen left me heartbroken.. *weeps silently*

Three of Your All-Time Favourite Books:

Why Three!!?? Hmmm...I'll go for less known books, than the standard HP & HG thing..Okay, I choose I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter, The Elites by Natasha Ngan and Paw Tracks in the Moonlight by Dennis O'Connor

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Sarah Alderson. You should all know this by now. Plus, I got to do a Q&A with her which is AWESOME and very cool!!! *squeals and fangirls*

Very Excited for This Release More Than Others:

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Pfff. Obviously.

Worst Bookish Habit:

Well....sometimes the cover of my books get folded at the corner because it's been in my bag...but don't worry! If I borrow a book from someone, it doesn't go ANYWHERE with me, just to make sure it's safe. :)

X Marks the Spot: Starts at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

I'm not currently in the same location as my bookshelf at the moment, but I'll do it from memory. I think it's Girl Missing by Sophie Mckenzie!

Your Latest Book Purchase:

I bought Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi, along with two more books, but this was the first one I picked up.

ZZZ-snatcher Book(The Last Book That Kept You Up Way Late):

I remember reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but since I was SO tired, I fell asleep reading it!

I hope you enjoyed reading this! I definitely had fun writing it!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...