The Maze Runner by James Dashner | Weaving Pages: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Thursday, 25 July 2013

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Hello Everyone!

After finding out that there was going to be a film of The Maze Runner and looking at stills of Dylan O'Brien I promptly decided that I was going to read this book, so I went out and bought it....though I shouldn't have since I have around 12 books to read at the moment...

Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Series: Maze Runner #1
Published: October 6th 2009
No. of Pages: 374

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every thirty days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind. (-Goodreads)



 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.
 My Thoughts:

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I read the blurb before I bought this book....I just knew I wanted to read it and I did! Now I know to trust (most) of my decisions / instincts because this proved to be a good choice!

I loved the plot of The Maze Runner. I found it very interesting and very gripping, which meant that I never got bored whilst reading it. I think I had been in a bit of a reading slump before I read this, since the last two books I read were 1/2 stars and the book I was reading wasn't catching my attention. However, once I started reading The Maze Runner things just got better so hopefully it should stay that way. That aside, I thought that this book interested me from the very beginning and it just got better and better. If you like action, definitely pick this up!

I also loved all of the detail. I loved the world, the monsters and even smaller details like the changing. Also, I think The Maze was a huge source of curiosity for me! I was really interested in it's job, as well as what it meant for the Gladers. I really understood why Thomas was so curious about The Maze, as it was actually responsible for many things that happened. The Maze was why they were all working, why those boys had no way to escape that awful world. It was, in a way, the centre of everything.

I really liked the characters in The Maze Runner, but I did hate the villains! I really disliked the creators and the grievers (these monsters). However, I have to say that they were pretty awesome monsters. I can't wait to see how they portray them in the film! And Yes, I do have a pretty strong hatred for villains in books.

 My opinions on the main character are as follows: THOMAS IS AMAZING AND I WANT HIM AS MY BOOK BOYFRIEND. Yep. I have strong feelings. Don't judge. Thomas is now one of my book boyfriends, which means I'll have to add his name to my list... He's worth it, so don't worry. Thomas is probably one of my favourite male characters. Never mind that he's slightly impulsive, stubborn and curious (because you might as well describe me like that) he instantly became one of my favourite characters. I found him a very heroic, smart and kind person. I really loved his relationship with Chuck, and how he was always putting his life at risk for others(although that can be interpreted as having no sense of self-preservation.....). I think he was a great balance to that evil world.

 Then there was Teresa. She was a character that made me very interested to read the book, and she didn't let me down. I can just tell, she is going to be a kick-ass character in the future books. I WANT HER TO BE MY BEST FRIEND. She is that awesome. Surviving as the only girl among 50 boys is very tough, but if anyone can do it, it's her...so I'm not worried! Also, I SHIP THOMAS AND TERESA, so I'm crossing my fingers for the future books.

Towards the end, be prepared to cry, because that was what I did. Then again, if you have a heart of stone and the emotional range of a tea-spoon....you'll be fine...
I really recommend this book to everyone, and BEWARE as I will be on Twitter making various people read it....

Bye! xx






rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...