Belsay Hall | Weaving Pages: Belsay Hall

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Belsay Hall

Hello Again!

This is going to be a non-bookish post, and instead it is going to be about a place that I went yesterday, called Belsay Hall. 

I went to Belsay Hall having no idea what it would be like since I had never been there, all I knew was that it was some gardens, a hall and a castle. Oh and that it involved writing, English and History so I had to go.



 
I'll point out that Belsay Hall is very beautiful! Honestly, that was all I could say from the moment we got there! It was also very sunny and hot which made the day out even better! Belsay Hall has a lot of plants and flowers everywhere so at times it can feel like a jungle...even though we were in England!
The first place we went to was the gardens which was so much fun! I'm surprised I didn't get lost because they were so big and extremely pretty! I had so much fun just wondering around and finding spots where you could sit and no one would find you!



 You see, it was very beautiful! Next, we went to the castle, which was lots of fun as well! You could wander in between the rooms, but my favourite part was where we climbed up the spiral staircase and went up onto the roof. The staircase had lots of detours that led to other rooms and balconies so when I got to the top my legs were aching. On the roof I took some photos as well as shouting "Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo" to my friends who were on the ground, and trying to make my hair reach them so they could climb up. If you're wondering, it didn't work...
 

Afterwards, as well as being the last spot on our trip, we went to the hall, where we had a look at all the rooms that were in the hall. We also found a plug in one of the rooms which was a bit odd! There was an exhibition of the clothes that were used in all the Jane Austen films (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, etc.) and this was probably my favourite part of the hall!




I hope you enjoyed his post since it was quite different from the normal posts! Please tell me if you enjoyed it, as I may do more things like this in the future!

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...