Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi | Weaving Pages: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Hello Everyone!

I absolutely loved this book and now I have a sort of book hangover where I'm gushing to anyone who will listen about how awesome this book is. Anyway, I'm also going to try writing my reviews in a slightly different format, so tell me if you like it!

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #1
Published: February 7th 2012
No. of Pages: 374

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.


                                         5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
                                         flying with joy.


My Thoughts:

First of all, isn't the cover so pretty?? I absolutely LOVE it. You have to agree with me, because it is undeniably beautiful and you would marry it if you could. Don't try and deny it. However, the cover isn't the reason I'm giving this book five stars, so I should get on to telling you why I loved it so much.

I absolutely loved the storyline. The first reason for this being that it was so unpredictable, in a good way! It was nothing like those books where you can literally see what is going to happen next. Instead, I found myself prodding my brain for ideas of what could happen, or how it would be possible to get my favoured outcome. However, whenever I did do the latter, the voices in my head started telling me I kept finding something wrong with those ideas, so I had to read on and people kept getting annoyed with me when I rushed off to finish the book. (For some reason, I was very unpopular yesterday..)

This was not the only reason for me loving the storyline. I realised that there are actually lots of books where people live in so called pods, but this book is different. Veronica Roth doesn't really focus on life in the pods, instead, she focuses on what the consequences of living in those pods would be. Therefore, we slowly uncover what would happen if our oldest instincts were restrained and our life was controlled. I don't know about you but I think that's awesome.

Now, for the lovely characters. Aria, isn't particularly kick-ass but I couldn't help but adore her personality. Firstly, she gets thrown into a desert and stays alive despite having lived in virtual reality for her whole life, and she also manages to 'more than befriend' a kind of anti-social outsider that goes by the name of Perry(I still love him though!). Then, there is one quality in Aria that reminds me of myself: She asks a lot of questions. Some people say curiosity killed the cat, I say that people are not cats. Therefore, we should be okay for now. Getting back to the point, I find that the more I can relate to a character the more I can like the book in question, so imagine my glee when I found out that Aria asked too many questions!

Perry was also a great character. He uses a bow an arrow as a weapon so I couldn't help but respect him straight away. Then I also loved how great him and Aria were together, so they are on my list of favourite bookish couples!
The one thing that struck me most about Perry, was his relationship with his nephew Talon. I found it to be such a tight relationship that really struck you deep, how close they were. It got to the point where the reason Perry and Aria had a bargain in the first place was because of Talon. So really, we have to thank him.

Now, since I am a lover of quotes and sentences where you see the title of books, I treat you to this quote:

“She looked up. “A world of nevers under a never sky.”
She fit in well then, he thought. A girl who never shut up.”
― Veronica Rossi,
Under the Never Sky

Remember, I absolutely recommend this book to everyone and you should read it as soon as you get a chance!

Bye! xx
  


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...