Starcrossed and Dreamless by Josephine Angelini | Weaving Pages: Starcrossed and Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Saturday, 15 June 2013

Starcrossed and Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Hi Everyone!

Since I'm currently reading Goddess, the third book in the series, I thought it would be nice to do a double review of the first two books. Since a normal review would just be well, normal, I decided to make it GIF filled. Twitter also agrees!
Titles: Starcrossed, Dreamless
Author: Josephine Angelini
Series:Starcrossed #1 & #2
Opinion: This series is amazing and I absolutely love it! Go read it NOW!

(Description of Starcrossed) 
  
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.



My Thoughts:

Starcrossed: Yes, I absolutely love Greek mythology, and I was positively obsessed at some point. So since this book includes loads of action, romance and mythology it made for an amazing read and I completely fell in love with the series (Plus, the covers are sooo pretty). It made my life better, in my opinion, but books in general do that! 
 It gets better. Lucas is one of my favourite book boys EVER. I mean Helen has him to thank for a lot, but I also just couldn't help but love him straight away.. He is also extremely good-looking. Let the fangirling commence..
Then, I loved how Lucas and Helen were amazing together and I loved the whole Delos family as there was such an array of different characters who all had their own personality. It was character heaven. The book was just EVERYTHING chucked together to make Greek Mythology perfection. I can say that it satisfied my obsession VERY well.

Dreamless: This book was just as perfect as the next, and it definitely did not serve as a bridge into the next book. If there was no Dreamless the whole series would collapse and everything would be ruined. Again, all the characters were brilliant. 
Except one. Orion.
Yes, he helped Helen and I felt sorry for him but he did the unspeakable. He exists.
Okay, slightly dramatic but Helen starts liking him, he gets between her and Lucas and I can not stand for that. It is against my rules. I'm pretty sure that I had a mental breakdown at the time..
When Helen started convincing herself that she might actually have feelings for Orion, it was to much for me to handle. I started silently screaming at her.
It keeps piling up. Helen's mother then tells Helen a lie about her and Lucas that completely ruins their relationship. It made me detest Helen's mother. How dare she..
But since I love this series, I didn't let this affect my enjoyment of the book and I promise you that I will make sure that Lucas ends up with Helen. Justice shall prevail!

I'm sure that everyone would enjoy this series, and now you don't even need to wait for the next books to come out because the last one came out in May!

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...