Shadow by MIchael Morpurgo | Weaving Pages: Shadow by MIchael Morpurgo

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Shadow by MIchael Morpurgo

Hello!

I think that Michael Morpurgo is an author that always writes something amazing. Schools actually use his books for class reading, and we all know how picky schools can be!

 Title: Shadowed
Author: Michael Morpurgo
Published: September 30th 2010
No. of Pages: 288

A stunning and moving novel from Michael Morpurgo, the nation’s favourite storyteller – featuring the bravest dog in all the world…
This is the story of Aman, as told in his own words – a boy from Afghanistan fleeing the horror of the Afghan war. When a western dog shows up outside the caves where Aman lives with his mother, Aman is initially repulsed – it is not customary for people to keep dogs as pets in his part of the world. But when Aman and his mother finally decide to make a bid for freedom, the dog Aman has called Shadow will not leave their side. Soon it becomes clear: the destinies of boy and dog are linked, and always will be…

4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.


 My Thoughts:

I personally think that Michael Morpurgo likes making me cry. His books were one of the first that I cried at (Okay, I wasn't particularly well read then but it has to count for something?) usually because he went and killed off an animal (I get emotional!)

This book was no exception. What makes me love it so much is that, although it is fiction, it deals with subjects that are real and that are going on right now. I also loved how Michael Morpurgo let Aman tell the story to Matt's grandpa and I loved the involvement of Shadow throughout the whole book.
I adored the reaction to Aman being deported back to Afganistan because it really showed how people come together when it comes to something that they believe is right.
It was a very emotional read.

The book had some very sad and heartbreaking parts, but even when there wasn't something outright sad, I always felt like I wanted to cry because everything was so touching. Just imagine how I must of been whilst reading this: a huge ball of feels..

I loved the part that Shadow and Sargent Brodie. It was amazing to see how Shadow could be so loyal to two very different people. It really showed how loyal dogs can be and I think it made me an even bigger dog-person than I was before (Although, Amy has made me agree to be a cat person as well due to a comment I made on her blog.. I do love cats though!).

So this is a short review, mainly because this was a short book and it is hard to put into context why I gave it such a high rating. If you've read a Morpurgo book then you'll know how I feel.
In short, this book is an emotional read that will make you love dogs a lot. Dog lovers, read this.

Bye! xx





rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...