Goddess by Josephine Angelini | Weaving Pages: Goddess by Josephine Angelini

Monday, 17 June 2013

Goddess by Josephine Angelini

Hi Again!

So this is it, the end of the Starcrossed series, and the last time I see the characters that I have grown to love and swoon over.. Yes, I do have a book hangover..no judging.. 

Title: Goddess
Author: Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed #3
Published: May 28th 2013
No. of Pages: 421

After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.

In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.


                                      5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
                                      flying with joy.

 My Thoughts:

This book was an explosion of FEELS. I laughed, cried, cringed, screamed, and felt betrayed along with everyone in the books...and it was perfect!

Have I mentioned how much I love Greek Mythology? Well, in case you don't know, I LOVE it. I once won a prize for the best project on the Greeks..! So this book is perfection because it combines books, swoon worthy guys with awesome names, and amazing action into a trilogy. I know, amazing right?
The storyline to this book was great and I couldn't fault it. It had me captured right from the beginning and I did not want to put it down. Unfortunately, this also meant that I had great trouble getting up in the morning because I had been reading late the night before... Mark my words, not all books do this, it is a very rare thing meaning that it just made love this book more. 
The storyline also made me feel like the Gods were all so mean! I mean, in Greek mythology the gods made man, but I'm pretty sure they don't really care about us and just find it amusing to make a volcano erupt here and there.. Although, I did love Aphrodite's love for Helen, her half-sister (I know, isn't that awesome!) because she's supposed to be one of the most spiteful Goddesses there is.

One thing I love about this series is the characters. I can't get enough of Lucas which means that this is one of those "get lost Orion!" moments, but I've already had a rant about that so...
All the characters are amazing and I love how they all represent (well, they are) a version of some of the soldiers of Troy. I loved how Helen kept getting memories of her past lives being Helen of Troy and even Guinevere.  Then there were all the flashbacks of events that occurred during those past lives and it really helped to explain everything and it was great to read from Helen of Troy and Guinevere's POV.

Whilst reading Goddess I kept being reminded of how much I love Helen. She is just amazing and she was a genuine a heroine, not someone who couldn't think for herself but someone who fought for humanity, literally! What struck me the most was how kick-ass Helen was, there was definitely some major character development. Helen got (mostly) amazing powers in this book, she was definitely someone you wouldn't want to mess with. Well, it's your choice if you want to get burnt to a crisp or not...

One more thing, I felt betrayed by at least three people in this book. THREE. HOW COULD THEY? They are so lucky that Helen is so much more forgiving than I am because I was telling her to fry them with her lightning. You do not go around betraying the main character, not when I'm the reader because it usually ends up with me wanting there to be some form of torture...

If you've read the first two books in this series, go pick Goddess up straight away, you will not regret it. If you haven't read the first/second book, then go do so straight away so you can read this epic finale!

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...