Crossed by Ally Condie | Weaving Pages: Crossed by Ally Condie

Saturday, 1 June 2013

Crossed by Ally Condie

Hello Everyone!

I had to finish this book super quickly otherwise my library was going to kill me if I didn't bring it back by Monday...
By the way, this blog is two months old today(1/06/13)!

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Series: Matched #2
Published: 1st November 2011
No. of Pages: 400

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

                                  4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
                                  however, it was not catapulted into amazing.


 My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this book. Although it wasn't my favourite, it was still a wonderful story that gained my interest.

Cassia and Ky have been separated, with no idea where the other one is. Ky is a decoy, a sort of pawn the society is using to fool the enemy. He and Vick, another boy in the same village, are the boys that have lived the longest, all because they know when and where to hide from the enemy.
Cassia is at a work camp. Desperate to be reunited with Ky, she has subjected herself to months of hard work, and now she has an opportunity to find him.
During a firing, Ky, Vick and Eli, a boy who reminds Ky of Cassia's brother, run off into the carving, Ky's objective being to find Cassia. However, the day after Ky runs away, Cassia arrives at the camp he was at, having sneaked onto an airship. Cassia quickly discovers what has happened and enlists the help of boy who saw where they went. That night, Cassia, the boy, and a girl named Indie run off, the same way Ky and the others went. As soon as they reach their destination, the boy leaves, and Indie and Cassia are left to find Ky on their own. After travelling for days, they are finally reunited, but now they have to decide what to do, because despite Cassia wanting to find the rising, a group of rebels, Ky isn't so sure, and his reasons run deep into his past..

My first reaction when reading this book was the writing. I thought that it was beautiful. It wasn't plain, and it was just so descriptive, that I couldn't help but love and be enthralled by it. This definitely helped how much I enjoyed the book, because I could picture the setting and the characters so clearly.
I also felt that the characters developed a lot during this book. I found out so much more about Ky and his past, especially what he thinks of himself, and his actions. Cassia has also developed as a person; she wants to do something about the society. I found the fact that Cassia always thinks about her Grandfather's words and gains strength from them a very important detail.

I'm still team Ky. I'm starting to think that this is compulsory because even their names go together. Look: Cassia & Ky. Ky & Cassia. Say it aloud and you'll see what I mean. Xander keeps popping into the picture, not as a real person, though, just in thought. He also has a secret.. I was flipping the pages like mad trying to find out what it was.

Only one thing annoyed me about this book. It was the fact that it kept changing points of views between Cassia and Ky. Despite the fact that I liked knowing what was each character was thinking, I kept getting confused about who it was. So I kept thinking that it was Ky, when it was Cassia, and vice versa. It puzzled my brain..

I will definitely be continuing this series as soon as possible, because I want to overthrow the society and see Ky and Cassia together when there isn't the possibility of someone dying.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...