ACID by Emma Pass | Weaving Pages: ACID by Emma Pass

Sunday, 23 June 2013

ACID by Emma Pass

Hi Everyone!

ACID was a book that I bought a while ago but I finally got round to reading it, after I had got through all my other books, this week. I can say that I extremely enjoyed it!

Title: ACID
Author: Emma Pass
Published: April 25th 2013
No. of Pages:

 2113. In Jenna Strong’s world, ACID – the most brutal, controlling police force in history – rule supreme. No throwaway comment or muttered dissent goes unnoticed – or unpunished. And it was ACID agents who locked Jenna away for life, for a bloody crime she struggles to remember.

The only female inmate in a violent high-security prison, Jenna has learned to survive by any means necessary. And when a mysterious rebel group breaks her out, she must use her strength, speed and skill to stay one step ahead of ACID – and to uncover the truth about what really happened on that dark night two years ago.
 


 4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.
My Thoughts:

Key:
ACID (Organization) = Bold
ACID( Book) = Italics 

Recently, I've read a lot of dystopian novels and they haven't disappointed me. ACID was no exception and I loved it as much as expected myself to!

ACID had a great storyline. It was built up on the typical 'corrupt government' situation but what made it special was that it took existing problems and turned them into the basis for the story. For example, ACID controls England, now known as the IRB, because the government fell and England was kicked out of Europe. Now, lets be honest, a lot of countries are now in the situation where no-one has jobs, money, etc. This made the situation in ACID quite realistic. 

I'm a sucker for little extra things that are put into books, so I loved the news stories that were scattered throughout the book. I felt that as well as just looking awesome, they helped clear things up about the story.

I have to point out that I disliked ACID straight away. They were so cruel and ruthless that I instantly hated them. I didn't think that my hatred could get worse, but the more I read, the more I disliked them, simply because of their actions and everything they did. 
There was a plot twist in the book where something called Cognitive Realignment occurred. I won't tell you what that is because of spoilers but I did happen to start hating ACID even more and it was also an "Oh Noooo...", "HOW DARE THEY??" and "OMG! Plot twist.." sort of moment.

ACID was very fast-paced and filled with action. I mean, how can it not be when Jenna is involved in the book?
I liked her straight away. She was an awesome kick-ass character who doesn't let anyone put her down or stand in her way. To be honest, ACID were pretty stupid to mess with her in the first place.
I noticed whilst reading the book that Jenna was very smart when she was younger, and you could tell that her years in prison had really changed her. However, Jenna still had a heart, so despite being kick-ass and ruthless, she wasn't a monster, which set her apart from ACID and all the other prisoners.

I like all my books with a bit of romance, so I was very happy when it came that subject. It wasn't huge part of the book, but it did it's job and I loved Jenna and Max together. There was no instant love, something that I hate, meaning when the romance actually happened, it didn't feel fake or tacky.

ACID is a book that I definitely recommend to anyone who likes action books with kick-ass characters. It's also a debut book so if anyone is taking part in Amber's Debut-a-Thon it is a great option to read!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...