Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr | Weaving Pages: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Hello Everyone!

I'm back with another review, but this time, it's of a book that I didn't really enjoy, which sucks because my last review was of a book that I didn't particularly like either... :(

Title: Wicked Lovely
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely #1
Published: June 12th 2007
No. of Pages: 328

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty - especially if they learn of her Sight - and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost — regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faery intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning twenty-first-century faery tale.


                                     2 stars: Page shakes his head. He was unsatisfied
                                     with this story.



 My Thoughts:

As you can see, I was unsatisfied with this story, I just didn't feel that I liked this story and that it made me want to continue reading it..

This book wasn't one of those where you can't see what the storyline is meant to be or that the storyline is pathetic. The storyline was good. Basically, Aislinn has always been able to see faeries, but all of a sudden she is being stalked by court faeries, and that is very bad. Keenan is the summer king, and in order to get his full power he has to find the Summer Queen. Many girls have been chosen, but none of them were the Summer Queen, and now Aislinn is the chosen one (I'm really struggling not to make a Harry Potter reference now..) There is just one tiny problem, Aislinn, unlike all the other girls, really doesn't like Keenan.

So, you see I could of liked this book, but to be honest, everything else was wrong for me. To begin with, I couldn't relate to the characters at all. I don't mean that I hated them, I just couldn't like them, they no impact whatsoever on me. Aislinn had no qualities that made me like her, and her name is really hard to spell, but that's getting away from the point. She didn't do anything to make me dislike her or like her, and that frustrated me. Then there's Seth, he is the love interest in the story. I have to be honest, he is sweet, yeah, he's not the sort of guy in a book who you compare everyone too, but a least he didn't run away when Aislinn told him about the faeries.

Now, the next thing that was wrong with this book. I've read other books with faeries in them, and I have LOVED them, I loved the whole faerie world, and the creatures, etc. However, this book had no such thing. We don't see the faerie world, so I'm actually starting to doubt if there is one in this book. Then, we have the faeries themselves. They just made me hate anything that comes under the category of fey. The faeries all had multiple personalities, because Summer is supposed to be happy-go-lucky but they still go around pinching and stalking people. I'm not sure about you, but I consider that anti-social. I ended up wanting to go back to my other books were faeries are possible interests as well as liking to bite your ankles..

The end result, is that nothing is making me want to continue this series, so I don't think I will. Which is sad, because I like to finish what I start..
Hopefully, the next book I read will be good!

Bye xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...