The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa | Weaving Pages: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Hello Everyone!

I'm so sorry that I've been taking so long to read books! Personally, I blame Wattpad and Maths test because these two things basically caused be to have no life over the weekend. Anyway, I'll clarify that I didn't abandon you lovely people, I just had nothing to post since I was still reading!

Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Queen #3
Published: January 25th 2011
No. of Pages: 358

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.




                                         5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
                                         flying with joy.
My Thoughts:

This book is probably my guilty pleasure of the series because of the fact that Meghan and Ash make such a sweet couple and were together most of the time. My heart felt complete.
Of course, Puck was there, but he was easy to forget about and I loved this book!

(Spoilers for book one & 2!)
Since my lovely Meghan and Ash got exiled after promptly professing their love to each other in front of pretty much everyone, they have now been forced to live in the human world. Yes, the one that we live in and that seems so boring once you start reading these books.
After being attacked by some iron creatures that can only be described, as Meghan calls them, Spider Hags, Meghan makes the decision to get back the memory she gave to the oracle at the end of the book, once this small quest is complete she realises that Charles, the man from Leanasidhe's little hideaway, is really her father. Well, the man who raised her until she was six.
Then, whilst being confronted by a group of rebel iron-fey who are insisting on keeping Meghan hidden away, our favourite cat and his companion appear and we are graced with the presence of Grim and Puck. 
(This isn't sarcasm, because in reality, despite my love for Ash, I do love Puck.) As a result of this reunion they go off to Leanasidhe's, where Meghan's patience sort of blows, but she does convince Leanasidhe to give them a "cabin" in which they can stay, so as to try and jog her father's memory. There, as her father recuperates, Ash teaches Meghan to fight, but there's still a problem: each time that Meghan uses her glamour, she feels sick, or even collapses.
Later, they get a message from the Seelie and Unseelie courts. They are fighting a losing battle against the Iron Fey and since Meghan is the only faerie who can venture into the Iron Kingdom, then it is only her who can kill the false king. If she chooses to accept to accept the offer, then all their exiles will be lifted, so Meghan accepts, but the situation is much worse than it seems.

I absolutely loved this story! Even though I haven't read The Iron Knight yet, this book is so far my favourite of the series, and The Iron Knight will have to be VERY good to beat this series.

Hmm. In past reviews you've heard me talk about the characters, rant about Meghan, Ash and Puck, swoon over romance and generally have break downs over some tiny thing that happened, so my options are kind of limited..
So, I shall talk about the ending: I swear that once we are happy and swooning over some random happiness in the book, writers find a way to pop our book bubbles.
POP. That was my bubble popping. I was destroyed by that ending. Although hyper-ventilating was not a side-effect I'm sure that I was in some sort of despair/grief bubble (yes, here we are again with the bubbles) and that the last thing you expected happened, because obviously, my happiness is a crime.

This pretty much sums up my love for this book, unless you want to hear me ramble on and on about how much I love Meghan and Ash I'm sure you don't.

Bye!
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...