The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa | Weaving Pages: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Hi Everyone!

I've been super busy and ill so sorry if this post is slightly late. Like I said, I'm at the stage where I read all the available books in the series so I have The Iron Queen to read as well. Yes, I do have to do a reading list post, because I got a bit over excited whilst looking for books at my library..Ooops!
Here is the Review:

Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #2
Published: August 1st 2010
No. of Pages: 359

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

                                         4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
                                         however, it was not catapulted into amazing.


My Thoughts:

This book wasn't as good as the last one but it definitely did its job. It slowly ripped my heart to shreds, until I got to the end. I was at the point where I was shouting at certain characters and crying for other characters and not liking other characters.. I was in an awful state, but this doesn't mean it's an bad book. Do not think that, because the book was awesome. I just get easily get caught up in things..
 
Firstly, the story line: In The Iron King Ash and Meghan made an agreement where if Ash promised to help her and Puck rescue her brother, she would go back with him to Queen Mab's court. What they didn't expect was to fall in love, making the bargain harder to keep. Still, in the Nevernever, an Oath is an Oath.
Meghan has been in the Unseelie Court for a while now, and no one has come to see her since. Not even Ash, and Meghan is starting to have doubts that his love was true. After being sent to see Queen Mab, she encounters Ash, but he is icy cold and doesn't even acknowledge her with the warmth he only gave her, and Meghan is now sure that his love was just a charade.

Then comes the exchange of the sceptre of the season, where Oberon comes to give the sceptre to Mab. During the festivities, Sage, Ash's older brother, asks to speak to Meghan and when this happens, they are attacked by iron fey, who kill Sage and steal the Sceptre.
When Mab finds Meghan with Sage's body, she doesn't believe that there were any iron fey, and instead imprisons Meghan in ice, from which she is later saved by Ash. They escape the court, Ash having to almost kill his other brother in the process.
When they meet Puck on the way, Ash explains to Meghan that although he does love her, Summer and Winter could never be, meaning he wants Puck to take her back to the Summer court and he will go look for the sceptre.
Despite Meghan's pleas, this is the plan that is carried out and Ash leaves, what he didn't plan was for Meghan and Puck to go looking for the sceptre at the request of an ally.

Let me talk about this "Ally". If you have read the Iron King you will know who Iron Horse is. Yes, he was an enemy, but now he is my favourite character in the whole book and I love him to pieces. Iron Horse is the most loyal soul ever. He'd give dogs a run for their money. That is how much I love him. If you read this book, you will love Iron Horse as well, I promise you.

Now, for the romance: This was the whole reason this book was destroying me, okay? When Meghan started doubting Ash I was so upset because he obviously loves her but he had to be mean to her and she just couldn't see that. This tore my heart out completely, and it frustrated me. Then Ash left. Can you believe it?! So then Puck admits he loves Meghan and she thinks she might like him a tiny bit. My reaction was No. Just No. Puck is not Ash, therefore he must not be with Meghan. And, Yes, this is all completely biased on the fact that I am team Ash. I did say that these reviews are written in my opinion.

Once again, Julie Kagawa did not fail to disappoint, meaning this is definitely a series I will continue. By the way, I do like Puck, just as a friend..

Bye!
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...