The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare | Weaving Pages: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Sunday, 7 April 2013

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Hello guys,

I posted a blog post on the 2nd trailer of The Mortal Instruments movie. As I think you guessed, I was pretty excited. So I thought, why not do a special post on The Mortal Instruments? Since I have to have a good rant about how they are awesome, I'll do a quick description and post the spoilers after the jump.


Titles: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire (2014)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Characters:Clary Fray, Simon Lewis, Jace Wayland, Isabelle Lightwood, Alec Lightwood, Magnus Bane
Favourite Book: City of Fallen Angels/ City of Lost Souls (I can't Choose...)
Rating: 5 stars

Plot: The main plot of The Mortal Instruments revolves around the world of the Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters are half human, half angel and their job is to protect the Mundane(Human) world against demons. The books tell the events that occur in the lives of Clary (the main character) and her friends as she discovers her meaning to the Shadowhunter World.

My Thoughts: 

If I'm honest, The Mortal Instruments are easily one of my favourite series of books ever. EVER. I love each and every Character and can't get enough of the amazing words the amazing woman that goes by the name Cassandra Clare writes. The books are compelling and magical filled with dark plot twist and unexpected surprises. You can not predict what is going to happen. The first time I read these books I had been ill. City of Bones wasn't the book I was currently reading but it was the one on my bedside table, so I picked it up and I finished it that day. I was blown away.
Now I need to go and talk about plot twists, which contain spoilers, so Goodbye if you haven't read them. (But seriously where have you been these last few years if you still haven't read them?)
I'll give you a delightful quote though before you go:

"That does it," said Jace. "I'm going to get you a dictionary for Christmas this year."
"Why?" Isabelle said.
"So you can look up 'fun.' I'm not sure you know what it means."  


— Cassandra Clare (City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2))

BEWARE!! SPOILERS BELOW!

Now, I can prevail in my Kingdom of spoilery-iness:

Bk 1: When I found out that Jace and Clary were brother and sister I was in despair. It got to the point where I actually went to look up the blurbs for the books 2,3,4 &5 to make sure they got back together and weren't actually brother and sister.

Bk 2: Simon was turned into a vampire!!! The poor thing!! Can you believe it? I felt so sorry for him since he can't lead a normal life now :(

Bk3: That traitor Sebastion/Jonathon/Clary's brother... (Jace & Clary aren't siblings *yay!*)
Thank-god he and and Valentine died, it would be so much simpler if they had the use of the killing curse... (Also Simon is now the Daylighter!!!) Also Jace sort of dies but thankfully Clary had the good sense to bring him back to life.

Bk4: Just as Jace and Clary were having a chance at a normal relationship (well as normal as a shadowhunter relationship can get) Jace goes and gets possesed. And Sebastian comes back from the dead. Gosh I hate Lilith... And HOW DARE SEBASTIAN POSSESS OUR JACE!

Bk5: I love how Simon's reaction to the fairy rings is: 
"With a sigh, she reached into her pocket and drew out a small velvet bag, which she upended on the table. Two gold rings fell out, landing with a soft clink.
Simon looked at them, puzzled. ‘You want to get married?"

And I hate how there are loads of opportunity’s to kill Sebastian but Clary can't kill him because if she hurts Sebastian she hurts Jace. There were points that I kept forgetting this small fact and found myself shouting: Kill him Clary! Do it!
  Also, Jace is now on fire since Clary stabbed him with a fiery sword (I find this hilarious.)

Bk6: March the 1st 2014 when does thou prevail? I can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire!!!

 Anyways...Bye Bye!






rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...