Shadowed by Sarah Alderson | Weaving Pages: Shadowed by Sarah Alderson

Thursday, 4 April 2013

Shadowed by Sarah Alderson

Hello! I just finished reading shadowed... I was so happy with the ending! Here is the Review: (Spoilers will be in red, but do not read review if you haven't read 1st and 2nd books in series! You have been Warned!)

Title: Shadowed
Author: Sarah Alderson
Series:  Fated #3
Published: March 31st 2013
No. of Pages: Unavailable
Rating: 4 stars


Fate has won. The realms have been severed...but the fight’s still far from over.

It’s been three months since the devastating battle that closed the way through between this world and the demon realms but Evie’s still reeling from all she's lost.

When news reaches her that a group of Originals is on the prowl in LA and growing in numbers, Evie must decide whether to join the rogue Hunters in a final battle or fight her fate one last time.

The way through might be closed. But that doesn’t mean Evie’s got closure.


My Thoughts:

So Lucas went and died at the end of Severed. I was still very upset by this when I started this book and completely agree with Evie that someone needs to kill the worm that goes by the name of Victor... I mean he manages to completely ruin the lives of not just of the person he killed (though admittedly Lucas got the worse end of the stick) but also the lives of people who loved Lucas. 
Exhibit A: Evie is depressed to the point she is taking sleeping pills and has started shoving people against walls when they speak badly of Lucas (though that Kaitlyn girl did have that coming, I think she would make a really good mixen though don't you?)
Exhibit B: Evie's mother thinks she is a drug addict and the knitting circle are so caught up in the rumours that they can't even focus on their knitting!

This just proves the fact that Evie has every single right to go and kill Victor but of course when she finds him, she can't kill him (and Ash and Vero also won't let her) because they need him to fight the originals.
So during the book we see this little group trying to find the base of the Originals: Really old vampires that can only be killed by Shadow Blades. Turns out that the load of murders that are happening are actually the fault of the Thirsters (name for vampires). So Victor ends up recruiting some Hunters that have no training whatsoever so obviously one of them is going to get killed.
Then we cut to a scene where some guy who is only wearing the bottom half of some scrubs, and there I am getting all excited hoping that It might be Lucas, but no its Cyrus. Worse still, he's in love with Evie!!! So I spend the rest of the book screaming "Get your eyes off her she's Lucas's!" But of course she has to go kiss him. However this situation was funny because she ends up calling him Lucas so he gets annoyed. I was Happy.
For those of you that have read the book, the annoying thing is that Lucas is actually alive but he doesn't tell Evie meaning we don't much of Lucas and Evie till about 5 pages at the end. I was depressed..
I felt very sorry for them because they were completely outnumbered by the monsters and everyone ended up getting at least one awful injury.
  
Since I don't won't to include more spoilers I can't go into the end so here is the bit where I talk about the book without talking about the story, okay??

So I thought the story was quite satisfying I was good but not amazing, even though I still really liked it. I would really have liked to see more of Lucas and Evie but I guess that that would sort of ruin the whole reunion at the end so I get why it had to be like that.
The story had really funny bits and expressions in it which I enjoyed because I think every book needs to have a bit of humour, the type that you keep saying the sentence in your head and laughing/choking each time you think about.
I like Evie as a character. She is totally Kick-Ass and you have to feel sorry for her when a few months ago she was just a girl trying to get out of a small town. I mean she has been really unlucky.
As much as I hate to say it, I miss the old Cyrus. I miss his sarcastic comments and his cockiness and the fact that he manages to constantly annoy Lucas. I just felt that for the sake of Lucas's memory, I needed to have someone to be angry at apart from Victor, because I already wanted him dead by the end of the 1st book. So then Cyrus becomes so...nice...
It's very Painful..

Now here's the important question: Any chance of a fourth book? Pretty Please... (That goes for the Lila books as well..)

Bye Bye
 
 
  



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...