Seizure by Kathy Reich | Weaving Pages: Seizure by Kathy Reich

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Seizure by Kathy Reich

Hi Everyone!

So I did a review of Virals by Kathy Reich and now I've just finished book 2, Seizure. So here is the Review!:

Title: Seizure
Author: Kathy Reich
Series: Virals #2
Published: October 18th 2011
No. of Pages: 496
Rating: 4 stars


Ever since Tory Brennan and her friends rescued Cooper, a kidnapped wolf pup with a rare strain of canine parvovirus, they've turned from regular kids into a crime-solving pack. But now the very place that brought them together - the Loggerhead Island Research Institute - is out of funding and will have to shut down. That is, unless the Virals can figure out a way to save it.

So when Tory learns of an old Charleston legend about a famous she-pirate, Anne Bonney, whose fortune was never found, she can't believe her luck - buried treasure is exactly what she needs to save the Institute on Loggerhead! Trouble is, she and her friends aren't the only ones looking for it. And this time, the Virals' special powers may not be enough to dig them out of trouble . . .


My Thoughts:

This book was awesome. Again. It managed to make me feel scared at the appropriate times and make me laugh when needed as well. Kathy Reichs is awesome. This book made me want to watch 'Bones' but there is the slight problem that as much as I love watching CSI, Bones, etc. I can't sleep after watching them, they scare me out of my mind. I mean I can actually still tell you what happened in one of the CSI epsisodes that scarred me for life..

Anyway, Tory and her friends are still fresh from their last adventure and they are trying to get to grips with their new found powers. Tory has an amazing sense of smell (she can smell emotions) plus she can also get inside the minds of the other virals. Hi has amazing sight, Shelton amazing hearing, and Ben is really strong and fast. So they are just settling down when, shock horror, they get the news that LIRI (the company their parents work for) is going to shut down because of funding cuts.
So our lovely Tory obviously finds a way to make a suicidal plan by finding Pirate treasure. Of course I love Tory for this because without her suicidal plans we wouldn't have the Virals and that wouldn't be any fun at all.
So they set off trying to find Anne Bonny's treasure (who may just be Tory's great great great pirate grandma). The Virals just love committing felonies so they go to a museum and discover that the pirate section is closed. Fortunately, they sweet talk some museum curators and get an 'exclusive visit' and of course they have to go steal the treasure map. 
The map goes and leads them on a hunt that includes pawnshops, ghost tours, claustrophobic places, dungeons, islands and, my favourite, booby-traps. They also get shot at, get followed and discover some people aren't what they seem...

I love how at the end, without giving anything away, they are at a police station and despite robbing so many places and having done so many break and enter-ings they are still allowed to go free! I find this hilarious.
Also, Hi is so funny, he says/does the most hilarious things, here is my favourite line describing Hi in one of the action scenes: "Hi wrapped himself around one enormous leg like an angry badger." Isn't that an awesome description?

I can't wait to read Code now and I hope there will be more Virals books after that one. I bid you goodye with a quote:

“You'll start talking, and pretty soon we'll all start nodding, and then the next thing you know, I'm hang gliding off the Eiffel Tower at night, being chased by ninja vampires”
― Kathy Reichs, Seizure  


I resist I'm giving you another quote:
“We did just leave an insane asylum,” Hi agreed. “For all we know, Chance spend his nights dancing naked with sock puppets, plotting to invade Canada.”
― Kathy Reichs, Seizure  


Bye Bye,
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...