Clarity by Kim Harrington | Weaving Pages: Clarity by Kim Harrington

Thursday, 25 April 2013

Clarity by Kim Harrington

Hi Everyone!

So, I finished this book pretty quickly and now it is time for my review.. I really want to read the second book, Perception, now..!
Here it is:

 Title: Clarity
Author: Kim Harrington
Series: Clarity #1
Published: March 1st 2011
No. of Pages: 246

When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?
This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?


                                         4 stars: Page decides that this book was very 
                                         enjoyable however, it was not catapulted into amazing.

My Thoughts:

The first time I heard of this book, I was really curious about it, but I was afraid it would be some crazy, psychological thriller that would deprive me of sleep for the foreseeable future. But don't worry, it wasn't. Unless you like the whole "I like to be scared out of my wits" thing, then those with a taste for mystery will enjoy it.

Clare has special gift. When she touches an object, she can sometimes see a memory or moment that is associated with that object. Her gift is unpredictable, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. One thing for sure is that it gets her labelled as a freak.
Then a girl named Victoria is murdered, and Clare's ex-boyfriend Justin, who cheated on her while drunk, wants her to help solve the case. Clare agrees, and starts working alongside Justin and Gabriel, the detective's son who Clare may secretly like, to solve the mystery.
But then it starts to get personal, Clare's brother tells her that he was with Victoria the night she was murdered, but it wasn't him who killed her. Whilst hiding this from the police, Clare can only hope to solve the murder before someone finds out about her brother, and she doesn't have much time. The case then evolves into something more serious. People who were linked to the case are ending up dead, adding two more bodies to the count, and Clare can't help wondering who'll be next.
When her brother's secret is discovered, Clare has to find more answers, because even thought Perry has been released, he is still the number one suspect. The unlikely killer hides in the shadows, in all the victim's memories, not leaving behind a single trace of their identity, except for one.

Let's start with the ending. I did not expect the killer to be who it was, there was at least some other people who were more likely for it to be but in the end it wasn't any of them. It was no Agatha Christie mystery but I'll say that there was the element of betrayal there...
The book left quite an open ending to the story meaning that a sequel could be picked up from any point, allowing there to be more freedom. I need to read Perception..

Onto the boys. So we have two teams: Team Gabriel, and Team Justin. I think I've got both feet planted firmly on the Gabriel side, although there was one point that I thought I was going to have to go over to the Justin side... there is a tattoo with a name on involved. Anyway, Gabriel is smoking hot and I'm pleading with Clare for her to ignore Justin (Please friend-zone him) and to go out with Gabriel..Please? Gabriel is just so,..I can't find words, he is just mysterious and awesome and mysterious and you pretty much get the idea. Justin, is just Justin, I'm sorry.
So onto Justin. No. Just, no. I mean he cheated on Clare, even if he was drunk (I'm now going to quote Taylor Swift..) Clare "should have been there in the back of his mind and she shouldn't be asking herself why", so Justin obviously doesn't deserve her, even if he grovels and is a nice person. I hate it if I have to change teams because the person I liked has done something unforgivable so Gabriel better be good..

If you like mystery books or detective novels, than this is a good book for you to read, I definitely enjoyed it!

You probably know that I have this unhealthy obsession with quotes, so here is one:

“Did you know that ninety-eight percent of statistics are made up on the spot?”
― Kim Harrington, Clarity 


Bye!



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...